Understanding Panty Liners - Misconceptions, Do's and Don'ts
However, a panty liner is a gift to those with uterus who are often run down with not only periods but period rashes, pad rashes, sweating caused hot seasons, infections and worst of all, untimely white discharge that makes a very uncomfortable experience down there.
And if you think that it is only the physical distress that comes along with these vaginal issues - think again. Sociological effects can also take a toll on you, such as low self-esteem, which could in turn affect your sex life. Nevertheless, this article will teach you how to use panty liners effectively.
However, there are several misconceptions around panty liner pads, and we’re here to debug them.
Misconceptions behind panty liners
You may have heard or been told that panty liners aren’t ideal for women who wear them on a regular basis. However, like your menstrual pad, these have certain rules. Let’s go through a few misconceptions, shall we?
1. Panty liners can be worn during your menstrual cycle
A big no! Panty liners are ideally worn before or at the end of your menstrual cycle, when you are the recipient of vaginal discharge or light bleeding. Panty liners aren’t fashioned to absorb heavy flow, which is why it's best used during such times.
2. Scented panty liners are better than unscented ones
Another big no, unscented panty liners work better than scented ones. The latter can contain chemicals which could irritate sensitive tissues around the vagina, leading to more problems such as rashes, itching, and infection.
3. Panty liners are expensive
If you’re worried about the price of panty liners and it being too expensive, we’re here to tell you that it really isn’t. Panty liners are quite affordable and last you quite a while given that you only wear it only when required.
Do’s and don’ts of using panty liners
- When using a panty liner, make sure you don’t wear it for more than a day. If you wear a panty liner overnight, make sure you wear it right before you sleep and change it first thing in the morning because it shouldn’t be worn for more than 3 to 4 hours.
- Avoid using scented panty liners because it can cause itchiness and discomfort.
- If you are someone who is physically active, you could be the recipient of vaginal discharge. It is best to use a panty liner during such times.
- Never use a panty liner during a heavy menstrual cycle, as it can only hold a light flow.
- When disposing your panty liner, make sure you wrap it in paper before tossing it out.
- Due to its compact size, panty liners can be used while traveling, however, it needs to be kept in a safe storage, because the adhesive behind it can wear out due to exposure to air.
Now that you’ve gotten an idea of these femme friendly wearables, it’s time to try it out for yourself. Check out our products and make an eco-friendly purchase!